Made with beef, BBQ sauce and cheddar cheese, these sloppy joe muffins are sure to be a family favorite!
I’m going to be honest, sloppy joes aren’t a recipe that I get excited to make. But my son absolutely devours them, so I always give in when he begs me to make them.
Sloppy joes are messy, always have too much sauce and not enough bread!
So this week, I decided to switch up the recipe a bit and guess what? This is my kind of sloppy joes!
This recipe isn’t as messy and is still kid friendly. Yay for making a recipe that everyone enjoys!
The Best Sloppy Joe Recipe
Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat over to 350.
- Roll out each biscuit so it’s flat.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Line each muffin tin with biscuit.
- In a large skillet cook onion, garlic and ground beef until brown.
- Mix in BBQ sauce, season salt and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Scoop beef mixture with spoon and fill each biscuit.
- Add shredded cheese to top of each muffin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Serve warm.
I prefer making my own sloppy joe sauce because I don’t like a ton of sauce on my meat. But feel free to use a can of sauce if that’s what you have.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 1121mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 26g
SIDE DISHES THAT GO GREAT WITH THIS GROUND BEEF RECIPE:
MORE GROUND BEEF RECIPES
Pin and share this recipe! Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for more great recipes!