Black bean quesadillas are an easy meal or appetizer. Filled with beans, cheese jalapeños and packed with flavor.
Recipes that I can whip together in a few minutes are my favorite meals. I always have tortillas and a can of black beans in my pantry. Then I can add in whatever extra ingredients I have in the refrigerator.
But no matter what extra ingredients you have, you can’t go wrong with this quick recipe. It’s always a favorite in my house.
How to make black bean quesadillas
small onion, chopped
- Cook the can of black beans for 5 minutes and drain.
- In a large skillet, place a tortilla in the center and cook on medium to high heat.
- Add a scoop of black beans to one side of the tortilla.
- Add the jalapeños, onion, cilantro and queso fresco on top of the beans.
- Fold over the tortilla and cook on for 2-3 minutes and then flip. Continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Take off the quesadilla from the skillet and repeat the process.
*Be sure to print out the recipe card with measurements and detailed instructions to create this dish!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 758mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 9gSugar: 1gProtein: 14g
This bean quesadilla is so simple to make and taste great no matter what ingredients you add. Quesadillas can also be stored in an air tight container and microwaved the next day. Leftovers are great for lunch the next day!
Pin and share this recipe! Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for more great recipes!