This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SwansonSummer #CollectiveBias
Summer is coming to an end and that means getting back into a normal routine. As much as I love long summer days, I am ready for a regular weeknight schedule and getting my son to bed at a decent time. So my plan this week is to organize the house, write a meal plan and stick to it. This recipe was the first meal for the week – yum! Make sure you check out the awesome Swanson Chicken Broth giveaway at the bottom of the post. But first…)
I made this lemon asparagus and edamame orzo on Sunday night and it’s the perfect summer meal. This light and simple dish is easy to make and can be served as the main meal or side dish. Since I make a lot of pasta and soups, I picked up a six pack of Swanson Chicken Broth while at Sam’s Club.
To make this dish you will need the following ingredients:
Juice from 2 lemons
1 lb asparagus
2 cups frozen shelled edamame
2 cups Swanson Chicken Broth
2 cups orzo pasta
salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze juice from lemons into a small bowl and set to the side.
- Cut the asparagus into small pieces and steam for about 5 minutes and let cool.
- Boil the edamame for 5 minutes, drain and set to the side.
- Place the chicken broth in a large pot and bring to a boil. Then add orzo pasta, bring back to a boil and cook until tender.
- Drain orzo and place back in pot. Add the asparagus and edamame. Pour the lemon juice over the pasta and mix well.
- Serve with a fresh baguette and enjoy!
How do you use Swanson Chicken Broth in your summer dishes? Be sure to visit the Swanson Social Hub for more great recipe ideas!