I am seriously trying hard to get more vegetables in my diet. But does it count if it’s battered and deep fried? Yes, yes it does! I made these fried asparagus with jalapeno ranch dip the other day and they were scrumptious! They are great as a side dish or as a snack.
How to make Fried Asparagus
1 cup flour
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place your flour in one bowl, 2 whisked eggs in another and the panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan in another.
- In a large pan add the oil and turn on high heat.
- Wash the asparagus and dip them in the flour coat, then into the eggs and into the panko mixture. Make sure they are well coated.
- Once oil is hot place asparagus and fry, turning them once. Cook until holder brown.
- Serve with this jalapeno ranch dip.
These fried asparagus are great to serve as a side dish or appetizer.
Air Fryer Asparagus
Want to make fried asparagus without using oil? Then making this recipe in the air fryer is a great solution.
I know I can’t give up my favorite fried foods and this kitchen gadget has become my new best friend. The asparagus is coated in a crunchy batter and dipped in a yummy jalapeño ranch.
I prefer a single layer of breading, but if you’re looking for a thicker, crunchier coating you can repeat the coating process twice.
Spicy Dipping Sauce
Fried foods are meant to be dipped in a thick & creamy sauce. I prefer to dip it in this spicy jalapeno ranch – but feel free to use your favorite dip.