This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
One of my favorite foods that I love to make in the summer is fried green tomatoes. Crazy thing is I don’t even really like tomatoes. I like to cook with them because they add a little flavor and color, but then I typically just eat around them. But fry up some green tomatoes and dip them in my homemade spicy ranch dip and I am all over that!
So this weekend while at Walmart I picked up all the ingredients and decided to grab some fried chicken as well from the deli counter. I like the chicken strips, my son always wants popcorn chicken and my husband likes the wings. So instead of having to make three different kinds, I decided to have Walmart do all the work for me and everyone gets what they want!
¼ cup milk
1 cup cornmeal
2 cups panko crumbs
½ cup oil
For spicy ranch dip:
1 cup ranch dressing
1 tbsp. Cholula Hot Sauce
- Place oil in pan and turn to medium-high heat.
- Wash tomatoes and then cut into ¼” slices.
- In a shallow dish, mix egg, milk and cornmeal together. On a small plate place panko crumbs. Dip a tomato slice in the egg mixture then cover with the panko crumbs.
- Place tomato in oil and fry each side for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on plate lined with paper towels. Serve hot with spicy jalapeno dip.
To make the dip, add ranch dressing, jalapeños and Cholula to food processer. Mix until jalapeños are minced and mixed well.
This is possibly my most favorite southern meal. Doesn’t everything just taste better when it’s fried?
What is your favorite summer dish that you like to make?