Hosting a Cinco De Mayo party? See how easy it is to make these Mexican Chicken Flautas.
Celebrating Cinco De Mayo is the perfect excuse to throw a party, make a DIY sombrero hat and eat delicious Mexican food! Seeing that Texas only has few weeks of patio season before the sweltering heat moves in for the next 6 months, it’s a great time to host an outdoor fiesta.
Hosting a Cinco De Mayo party is easy to put together and a party everyone will want to be at. All you need is great food, a cold drink and cute decorations.
These Mexican Chicken Flautas are the perfect to dish for your Cinco De Mayo party. Made with just a few ingredients and are oh so delicioso!
How to make Mexican Chicken Flautas
- 10 flour tortillas
- 4 cups cooked & shredded chicken
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Add vegetable oil to skillet on medium heat.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons for shredded chicken on each tortilla and roll tightly.
- Place in skillet and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until brown.
- Remove from skillet and place on paper towel to cool.
- On serving platter, spread out lettuce
- Add flautas ton top of lettuce.
- Top the flautas with avocado slices, pico de gallo and queso fresco.
- Of course you can’t have a party with just food! You need great drinks and decorations to add to the fun.
PASSION FRUIT MANGO MOCKTAIL
Julie from Julie Measures mixed up this tasty Passion Fruit Mango Mocktail. It’s the perfect combination and pairs nicely with the spicy mexican dishes.
MEXICAN PAPER FLOWERS
Shannon from Everyday Best created these adorable Mexican Paper Flowers. They bring a pop of color and fun vibe to your party.