It’s a new decade! The perfect time to start fresh, reflect on the previous year, take stock on what you want to change in 2020 and to set goals.
I’m a huge fan of writing lists, making goals and keeping track of where I am with them. Along with this, at the beginning of each year I pick a word of the year.
A word I want to focus on and strive for in all matters of my life.
I feel like a new year is full of possibilities and 2020 is going to be great!
My word for 2020 is Intentional
Intentional: done with intention or on purpose.
- Biblical Intention – Focus on reading my Bible in FRONT of my son. Sure it’s nice to do my Bible study at night when he’s asleep, but he needs to see that I make the Lord a priority in my life.
- Financial Intention – Save more. Give more. Want less. My family doesn’t need anything and it’s pointless to consume just because we can.
- Physical Intention – Healthy eating. Creating new and fun recipes we can make together as a family. Continue to exercise regularly and take daily walks as a family. Having accountability and websites like Strength To Go that help me stay on track is key.
- Living Intentionally – Less social media. Throw away or donate stuff to minimize any clutter that distracts us from family time.
- Work Intentionally – Setting daily schedules. Set aside certain days for writing, photography, social media, etc. By batch working more tasks, this will help me stay focused and organized so that I am able to work more efficiently.
In a nutshell, I want to be intentional in all aspects of life to make it go more smoothly and less chaotic. More time to focus on my son and not think of the “clutter” that gets in our way.
Leave a Reply