These santa cheesecake hats re amazing! The perfect Christmas dessert to bring to a party or to serve with coffee while sitting by the fire.
The perfect and festive holiday cheesecake recipe. Mini New York style cheesecake topped off with strawberry Santa hats. The combination of cold winter nights and constant holiday parties, mean I am in baking overload. But who can complain when the baking is this delicious cheesecake recipe!
My house is decorated, the gifts are wrapped and soft Christmas music is playing in the background. All of this puts me in the mood to make tasty treats.
Five more days of school and then Christmas break! That means two full weeks of no lesson plans, no grading or being around a bunch of rambunctious 8th graders. I have been looking forward to this break since, well about August. So to celebrate (and to get us through) the last week of school, we all are bringing our favorite desserts to share at lunch. I made these adorable Santa Hat Cheesecake bites for all the teachers. Not only are they festive, but my favorite dessert. They are just too good not to share.
How to make Santa Cheesecake Hats
Powdered Sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a food processor or mixer, blend the graham crackers into fine crumbs.
- Add the butter, salt and 2 tablespoons of sugar and combine.
- Add the mixture to a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Next, mix the remainder of the ingredients – adding one egg at a time and combine.
- Pour the mixture onto the crust and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Refrigerate overnight or until chilled.
- Once chilled, cut cheesecake into small circles. (I used cylinder using the plastic from a Coke bottle.)
- Cut off the tops of the strawberries and place on the cake. Add piping around the strawberry and on the top to create a hat using whipped icing.
Mini Cheesecake Bites
These Santa Cheesecake Hats are great to serve at parties, to give to neighbors or just as a delicious dessert for after dinner. My sons favorite dessert is cheesecake and is constantly asking to eat at Cheesecake Factory.
Obviously that’s not an option. So to compromise I will whip up these mini cheesecakes and suddenly I am mother of the year again. I am not above being bribed!