Homemade salted caramel ice cream is the perfect summer dessert. Made with just a few ingredients and topped with caramel sauce.
It’s the warm summer sun, the smell of sunscreen, splashing in the pool and homemade ice cream! Summer doesn’t get much sweeter than this.
A few summers ago we were vacationing in San Diego. After a day of soaking in the sun and building sand castles we stopped at the most adorable ice shop for some pre-dinner dessert. It was vacation after all!
I chose a double scoop of salted caramel ice cream and my world changed! Ok, maybe that’s a little dramatic. But it was hands down the best ice cream I’ve ever had.
So naturally I had to recreate this culinary masterpiece.
How to make Homemade Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup caramel
- Add water & sugar in saucepan.
- Heat on high and boil until sugar is dissolved.
- Add caramel and butter to sugar mixture and heat until well mixed.
- Add salt to the mixture.
- Add the mixture to the ice cream maker.
- Pour in the cream, milk and vanilla.
- Mix the ice cream maker for about 1 hour.
- Place ice cream in air tight container and freeze for 1 hour.
- Scoop into cones or cups and drizzle with caramel sauce.
This homemade ice cream is easy to make and absolutely delicious. It will quickly become your favorite dessert!