This post was sponsored by Hood as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Need a boost of energy to get you through the day? Then start your morning with this delicious and healthy avocado green smoothie. Made with avocado, spinach and pineapples for a thick and creamy start to your day!
I’ve been on a smoothie kick for the last few months and this avocado green smoothie is my favorite. I make it a few times a week and drink it on the way to drop my son off at school before heading to the gym. It’s made with only four ingredients and is so quick and easy.
This green smoothie get’s me going in the morning and gives me energy to power through my morning workout before I get started with the day. The key to getting an extra creamy smoothie is to add in dairy products in place of ice or water. Hood Calorie Countdown is a great substitute! It will make the smoothie creamy and adds in protein.
How to Make a Avocado Green Smoothie
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup pineapples
1 cup Hood Calorie Countdown Reduced Fat
Add avocado, spinach and pineapples to blender.
Add the Hood Calorie Countdown.
Blend until smooth and enjoy!
The key to get a thick, creamy smoothie is having a great blender. This blender is great for smoothies and can easily mix up ice and frozen veggies.
Adding Spinach to Smoothies
When I tell people how much I enjoy my green smoothies, I often get asked if you can taste the spinach or if it’s overpowering.
- You DON’T taste the spinach in smoothies when you add natural sweet ingredients. Pineapple, banana and lemon are very effective in eliminating the taste of spinach.
- Spinach can be added to any smoothie and it won’t alter the flavor. It’s a fantastic way to sneak in more green vegetables in your everyday diet.
- Spinach should be raw when added to smoothies. I prefer to take fresh spinach, and place it in a ziplock bag and store in the freezer. Spinach goes bad quickly, and this is the best way to keep it fresh. Then each morning I grab a handfully from the freeze and toss into my blender.
I am always looking for products to substitute with better ingredients, less calories and sugar – Hood Calorie Countdown was exactly what we needed! We use milk daily in our smoothies, cereals and of course drinking. So I was ecstatic to find a healthier diary version to switch over to.
It’s east make great tasting healthy smoothies when you load them up with frozen fruit, vegetables, yogurt or nut butter. The possibilities are endless and you can find more inspiration with these 7 healthy breakfast smoothie recipes.
Hood Calorie Countdown has 42% fewer calories, 75% less sugar and 75% less carbs than milk. Using this provides 25% of your Daily Value for calcium and 15% of your Daily Value for Vitamin D (based on a 2,000-calorie diet).
Losing weight and sticking to a healthier lifestyle can be a challenge at time. Life seems to happen and can easily cause us to get off track at times. But making little changes such as switching your dairy products is an easy change while still being able to enjoy your favorite meals, just without the guilt!
Adding Hood Calorie into your smoothies make is a better-for-you option with fewer carbs, calories and less sugar. But the same awesome taste and you can still eat your favorite foods!
Make ahead smoothies and how to store
- To store: Pour smoothie in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
- Make ahead: Place all of your smoothie ingredients (except for milk) in a freezer bag and place in freezer. These smoothie bags are good for 3 months. This is great for prepping smoothies at the beginning of the week and then makes the mornings a little easier.
Leave a Reply