Make weeknight dinner a breeze with this Easy Beef Taco Casserole Recipe. This simple recipe is delicious and ready in 30 minutes!
Beef Taco Casserole
I’m all about quick and easy dinner recipes. But recipes that include hidden veggies that even the pickiest eater won’t notice are the best! This casserole calls for cauliflower rice, which my son isn’t a fan of. But there is so much flavor in this recipe that he didn’t even realize I snuck in a veggie. Mom for the win!
Easy Taco Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower rice (i used microwavable bag rice)
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 8 oz bag taco cheese (or cheddar cheese)
- Cook cauliflower rice and pat dry to remove moisture.
- Cook beef in skillet until brown.
- Mix in tomatoes, rice, taco seasoning and chiles. Stir until well mixed.
- In a large baking dish, cover the bottom of the dish with 1/2 the beef mixture.
- Top with 1/2 of the cheese and spread evenly.
- Add the rest of the beef mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degree until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm. *For added flavor, top with sour cream and avocado slices.
Make ahead layered taco casserole
This casserole can be made ahead! Prepare the casserole, let cool then cover and refrigerate. Then place in the oven for 15 minutes before serving.
How to store taco casserole
Simply cover with tin foil or place in air tight container and refrigerate. If you plan on having a lot of leftovers, I suggest not adding the sour cream. Then after you reheat the casserole, add the sour cream and avocado before serving.
This casserole is hearty and so delicious. My son always asks for seconds and begs me to make this recipe. You can also eat with tortillas chips if looking for some added crunch.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 549mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g