Make a simple DIY Nerf target for under $10! It’s the perfect homemade nerf target for indoor and outdoor use.
If your kid is anything like mine, than you are most likely the main target for Nerf guns! When my son doesn’t have anyone to play with, he thinks it’s hilarious to use me as his main nerf target.
However, he recently received one of those giant Nerf guns that holds 200 bullets and shoots rapid fire. Being shot at point blank range sure does sting!
After being shot a few times, I headed out to the garage to see what I could use as a target for these mega guns.
How to make a DIY Nerf Target
- Ladder Ball Base (they are $5 at Walmart of 5 Below)
- Poster Board (Or paper plate or foam board)
- Hole Puncher
- Scrapbook Stickers
- Red construction paper
How to make nerf gun targets
- Assemble the ladder ball base.
- Cut out two 8” circles using the poster board.
- Punch holes at the top and bottom of each circle.
- Cut out a four 2” circles using the red construction paper. Glue to the middle of both sides of the large target.
- Cut four 6” pieces of twine.
- Tie twine to top hole and around top pipe Tie twine to bottom of hole and then around the bottom pipe. Make sure the twine and target is tight and secure.
- Repeat above step until all targets are secure.
The target in action
Now you are ready to play! Your kids are going to love it and and you’ll be glad your butt is no longer the target.
Easy to make DIY nerf targets
Tired of hearing your kids say “I’m bored” constantly? Yea me too, it’s like nails on a chalkboard. By son never gets bored with Nerf guns, so I put together this target to help as a boredom buster.
DIY Target for Nerf Gun
Having the target spin, will give your kid a little more of a challenge. It’s great for indoor use or used outdoors. But I highly recommend storing it inside the house or garage so that it holds up for longer.
Homemade Nerf Targets
Homemade nerf targets are my favorite! Sure you can buy some in the store, but I prefer making my own at a fraction of the cost! My son is even wanting to build more targets for a Nerf themed birthday party.