This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Mazola® Corn Oil. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItMazola #simpleswap #CollectiveBias
This shrimp quesadilla recipe is perfect for busy weeknight dinners. It’s quick and everyone is sure to enjoy them!
One of my major goals this school year is to cook every meal during the week. There are plenty of recipes under 30 minutes, like these shrimp quesadillas, that are perfect for week night dinners. By using Mazola® Corn Oil, it is easy to make this a better-for-you dish. A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, see Mazola.com.
Along with my eat at home goal, I’m also switching out certain ingredients to make sure my meals are better for my family. Making swaps for this shrimp quesadilla is simple. Sauté the shrimp with Mazola corn oil instead of butter (has a neutral taste that lets the natural flavor of your food stand out), use low carb tortillas instead of flour and switch pepper-jack cheese with queso fresco which is a less oily cheese. Just like that you have a easy & tasty quesadilla!
How to make shrimp quesadillas:
1 lb. shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 tbsp Mazola® Corn Oil
1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
1/2 cup queso fresco
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 cup sour cream, optional
1 cup guacamole, optional
- In a small bowl combine the shrimp, corn oil, onion, jalapeño and cilantro.
- Place mixture onto skillet over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp mixture to a bowl.
- Place a tortilla onto the skillet and add a spoonful of the shrimp mixture to half of the tortilla. Sprinkle on cheese and fold the tortilla in half.
- When tortilla is browned on bottom, flip until other side is browned and cheese has melted.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges.
- Top with sour cream and guacamole.