This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BlockPartyHero #CollectiveBias
Last weekend we had a little party with a few of our neighbors. Since it was last minute, I made a quick shopping trip to Sam’s Club to pick up supplies. Came home and finished whipping everything up just as guest started to arrive.
This quinoa & pepper pilaf can be made in about 30 minutes and is the perfect dish to bring along to any upcoming summer parties or for your 4th of July picnic. It certainly was a crowd pleaser at our soiree. It’s light, fresh and yummy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups Swanson® Certified Organic Vegetable Broth or Swanson® Vegetable Broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the peppers and quinoa and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the broth and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the quinoa is tender and the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the parsley. Season, if desired.
Instead of cooking the quinoa in water, I used Swanson broth to enhance the flavor a bit. I used truRoots quinoa is certified USDA organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Gluten Free, and Whole Grain. It’s also a leading brand in the organic industry – so you know what ingredients you are actually eating!
I also picked up salsa for the party because you can’t have a party without chips and salsa! Pace Organic Salsa is everything you love about Pace Salsa, but now USDA Certified Organic so you know what you are feeding your family and doing it for a great price. Medium heat makes it enjoyable for everyone, with just the right amount of mph. Add some grilled shrimp, avocado slices and sweet tea and you are ready for the party!
Want to be a block party hero for your cookouts? Stock up on all your grocery needs and check out the summer events taking place at your local Sam’s Club.
What will you be cooking at your summer get togethers?