This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DareToPair #CollectiveBias
For as long as I can remember, Wednesdays has always been Italian night in our house. I don’t know why or how it got started, but it is one tradition that I don’t dare mess with! This lemon shrimp pasta is one of my favorite go-to recipes on Wednesdays. It’s quick, light and everyone devours it up.
1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup cream
2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Pepper, to taste
1/2 Parmesan cheese, grated
1 lb. Barilla Whole Grain Pasta
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Add the salt and pasta to the boiling water. Cook according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a pan add olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and garlic, cooking for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and pepper to pan and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add it to sauce. Stir so that pasta is lightly covered
- Plate pasta, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
I prefer to use Barilla Whole Grain Pasta because it is made from 100% whole wheat. My son is an extremely picky eater and I have to sneak in healthier ingredients where I can. Not only is this pasta a more health conscious pasta choice but has the added benefit of fiber which can make you feel full longer, but without the sluggish feel some pasta dishes can cause.
Be sure to pick up a box of your favorite variety of Barilla pasta at your local Walmart and check out the Ibotta coupon offer.
Do you cook with whole wheat pasta? What is your favorite pasta dish?