This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #MadeWithTheMasters #HeinzBBQ
It might only be Spring around here, but I am already dreaming of summertime. Lazy days by the pool, catching some rays and of course backyard BBQ’s. But who I am kidding, I can’t wait until Summer to start enjoying some food on the grill.
We had beautiful weather over the weekend and decided to fire up the grill and have lunch out on the patio. I made these caramelized onion BBQ grilled cheese and they were delicious!
8 Thick bread slices
8 slices Cheddar Cheese
1 onion, sliced
1 cup Heinz Texas Bold and Spicy BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup butter
- Heat up BBQ grill.
- Place a sheet of tin foil on the grill, place sliced onions on it and 1/2 cup butter.
- Once butter begins to melt to, stir it in with the onions. Let cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of Heinz Texas Bold and Spicy BBQ Sauce on onions and stir. Close BBQ lid and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Place bread slices on grill.
- Add cheese so that each sandwich has 2 slices. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to 4 slices of bread and then place other slice on top.
- Serve warm!
*For those with kids or prefer something without a little spice, you can use the Heinz Classic Sweet & Thick BBQ sauce.
I prefer the Heinz Texas Bold and Spicy BBQ Sauce because, well I LOVE all things Texas! Texas knows a thing or two about BBQ and you can’t go wrong with a sauce that Robert Sierra, pitmaster of the Texas state grand champion S&S pit crew competition barbecue team from San Marcos, Texas help create.The sauces are also 100% natural and has a bold flavor with a little bit of kick.
I served up these sandwiches with chips and iced tea. Makes me wish Summer would hurry up and get here!
What is your favorite food to make on the grill? You can find more Heinz BBQ Sauce recipes here.