Create your own DIY painted pots in under 20 minutes. These are a fun and quick gardening craft you can make to spruce up ordinary pots.
I know we are still in the middle of winter, but I am already dreaming of Spring! Warm, sunny days and planting flowers are calling my name.
Of course since it’s still way to cold to get the garden started in the backyard, I thought I would spruce up kitchen window seal with a cactus. I LOVE all kinds of succulents and cactus. Not only are the so gorgeous, they are incredibly easy to maintain and keep alive.
I really, really want to have a green thumb. But with the brutal Texas heat, most of my garden is completely dead come late summer. It’s incredibily frustrating.
How to make DIY painted pots
Supplies need to make DIY painted pots:
Acrylic paint – at least 2 colors
- Pour a few squirts of the paint onto a paper plate.
- Dip you your paint brush and paint on the terra-cotta pot using even strokes.
- Let pot dry completely.
- Using the stamps, dip then in black paint and stamp on the pot.
- Feel free to go over the letter multiple times with the stamps or fill in any missing area with a q-tip.
- Let dry pot dry completely.
- Plant you cacti or succulents and set them on the kitchen window seals.
This tutorial is so simple. And it’s easy to make multiple painted pots with different punny cactus phrases.
These are really easy to make and great way to spruce up any space or to give as gifts.