I was given tickets in exchange for a blog post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Last week we took a road trip to the Texas Hill Country for one last vacation before my son started kindergarten. We had a blast and I think a back to school vacation will start becoming a tradition.
The highlight of our trip was stopping in San Antonio to spend a day at Sea World. We met up with friends that we hadn’t seen in about a year and Carson was so excited to have a buddy to watch all the shows with.
We started off with riding all the kid rides in Sesame Street Bay of Play, with the Shamu Express Roller Coaster being the boys favorite ride. After we rode all the rides in that area we headed to get snacks and watch the Sea Lions at Play show. Carson was fascinated by the sea lions and getting a closer look at them after the show. For $5 you can get a plate of small fish to feed them!
Next up we headed over to see the Killer Whales Up Close. This show was fantastic and enjoyed it as much as the kids. We say the whales jump, wave and of course soak the audience. All the shows are covered and keep you cool in the Texas heat so that you can enjoy wathcing the animals up close.
After riding the rest of the rides in the park we ended the day by exploring Discovery Point. This Dolphin Lagoon has a underwate viewing and coral reef filled with many different species of sharks, sea horses and multiple types of fish. I think we could have spent hours here watching the dolphins and sharks swim about.
This was Carson’s first time at Sea World San Antonio and it was a great experience. He is already asking to come back next year when he wil be tall enough to ride Wave Breaker – the newest roller coaster with a jet ski style car. This certainly was the perfect way to end the summer!
Before you visit Sea World San Antonio check out these tip so you know what to expect.
- Pack a cooler – You are allowed to bring a small cooler into the park. This is perfect if you have small kids and need to make sure you have juice and snack on hand.
- Be prepared to get wet – There are so any fun activities throughout the park that will get you wet. So make sure to dress accordingly.
- Bring a waterproof phone case – Store your phone, cash, ID in the cases so that they don’t get wet. That way you don’t have to worry about anything getting ruined while on rides or watching the shows.
- Plan your day around the shows – Pick up a map upon entering the park and make sure to ride the rides inbetween the shows.
- Buy the souvenir cup – This is such a good deal! After your initial purchase, you have free refills for the rest of the day. Plus you will want the cup with a lid if you have kids since the park does not have straws.
Leave a Reply