This post is sponsored by
BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Tree Top. All opinions are my own.
I think this has been deemed the summer of go. Going from one road trip to the next and I am loving it. So far, this summer we have traveled to Louisiana, Mississippi, Waco, Florida and next up is West Texas and New York before summers end. We clearly have the travel bug!
No matter where the destination is, the first thing we do is hit the pool. My son learned to swim at the beginning of summer and has turned into a little fish. Regardless if we are at home or on vacation I seem to pack the same thing in our pool bag each time and make sure we have plenty of food in the cooler. My son is always famished every time he swims, so I make sure to bring Tree Top Apple Sauce Pouches and other healthy, packable snacks for him.
Here is what’s in our pool bag
- Snacks – I like to bring Tree Top Apple Sauce Pouches because they are mess free and made with 100% real fruit and do not include high fructose corn syrup. They also have a variety of different flavors (apple, cinnamon and strawberry) making this a great snack your kids can choose from.
- Towels – So obvious, but one you don’t want to forget!
- Sunscreen – Always. I like to apply it before we had to the pool so it has time to dry. But you always need to bring a bottle if you stay out for the day and need to reapply.
- Goggles – This is a must with kids unless you want to be constantly wiping water from your kids eyes from all the diving, jumping and splashing.
- Pool Toys – It never fails that within five minutes my son is asking for some kind of diving toy. So I always make sure I have something he can play with. Plus it also gives us parents a break and can enjoy the pool without having to play marco polo for 2 hours.
Because we are on the road so much this summer, I make sure to have a car activity bag for my son. As with any long car ride with kids you know how important it is to have something fun to keep them occupied. I like to make sure we have a book or two to read, coloring book, crayons and of course snacks!