Turn a basic cake into a festive Halloween dessert with these DIY Cheesecloth Ghost Cake Toppers.
The changing of the leaves, pumpkin spiced everything, cozy blankets and sweaters can only mean that Fall is finally here! As much as I have enjoyed the summer, I am SO ready for the changing of the season and the cooler weather.
This time of year is so much fun and filled with hayrides, pumpkin patches, bonfires and of course Halloween!
I teamed up with a couple of my favorite bloggers to share some of our favorite Halloween crafts, drinks and desserts to make this Halloween the best ever.
I created these DIY Cheesecloth Ghost Cake Topper
- Cotton Balls
- White Cookie Sticks
- White twine
- Lay the cheesecloth out, and folded in half so that it’s flat. Cut out squares that are 6 inches by 6 inches. *I prefer the double layers of the cheesecloth so that you won’t be able to see the cotton balls underneath.
- Using 2 cotton balls, pull them apart slightly and place in the center of each square.
- Gather the cheesecloth around the cotton balls to form the shape of a ghost.
- Cut a 6 inch strip of twine. Wrap it around the base of the cotton balls to form the neck. Make sure it’s knotted and them trim the ends.
- Place the ghost toppers on the cake.
White Hot Chocolate Sauce from Julie Measures – This drink tastes and smells amazing! It’s perfect to serve at your Halloween parties or to sip while curled up on the couch with a good book.
Haunted House Props from Everyday Best – These props are so fun and clever. Be sure to clink on the link to find out the trick she uses to fog up the mirrors!
What are your plans for Halloween? Be sure to use these ideas for your party planning!