Hawaiian Falls is the perfect place to spend a sweltering day in Texas. My little guy wants to be outside all day long, but somedays I can’t take the heat anymore. So off to the waterpark we go.
Spending a day in the sun with little ones can be a blast, but also challenging at times. Being prepared and know what to expect at a waterpark is key.
Here are some tips on how to enjoy a water park with kids under 5
- Lazy River – Hours of fun! The lazy river at Hawaiian Falls in Roanoke is mostly in the shade and a great way for everyone to enjoy the water. Put your littles in a free life jacket that is provided at the park and float until your heart is content.
- Snacks – Bringing snacks is a given. Make sure you pack a cooler filled with plenty of drinks and food for the day. Or if you don’t fill like making a lunch, grab some BBQ and snacks at the park.
- Kid Slides – All the kid slides are located together in one area. Making it easy for parents to wait at the end of the slides, while still keeping an eye them. So convenient, especially if you have multiple children.
- Early Bird – Get to the park early before it gets crowded and too hot. You will have plenty of time to ride all the rides, enjoy the lazy river and cool off in the giant wave pool.
- Grab some shade – Hawaiian Falls has plenty of chairs and picnic tables under shade. Making it the perfect place to have a little break and eat snacks.
Hawaiian Falls has 4 DFW locations in Roanoke, The Colony, Mansfield and Garland and one in Waco. The parks open Saturday – Thursday 10:30am – 6pm and Friday 10:30am – 8pm with season pass holders being able to enter early at 10am. Tickets are $28.99 for those over 48” and $21.99 for those under 48”. Children 2 and under are free.
Be sure to head over to Hawaiian Falls and enjoy a day with the entire family!