Students are constantly looking for new ideas to boost their morale and improve their learning abilities. For someone, it is a strict timetable for each day, for someone a healthy work/study-life balance. Sometimes it includes a healthy diet or good night sleep. But what is totally approved to have a positive influence besides mentioned above – is outdoor learning. Outdoor learning is something basic yet extraordinary. It gives your brain a new fresh air and to your lungs, literally. There are much fewer distractions and the desire to snoop through the phone instead of learning is not so attractive anymore. So let’s see what is so special about outside learning and is it worth it for students to try out to be more productive.
Tips for better learning
When we imagine a college student the first picture that comes to mind is a swamp young guy sitting after midnight in the dorm room trying to figure out a task that should be completed by the morning. While we are young – it is very easy to not care about the health and habits we have. It comes much later that every little thing we do or do not do comes with the result in a decade. So one tiny positive thing to add to the routine would be learning outside. Isn’t it wonderful to take a break during the day, and dedicate a few hours of your life to studying there? On one hand, it may seem like a time to relax, but it is also time to get “fresh brains” and generate new ideas for the school year. Another source is helpful inspirational essays, it is sometimes hard to find yourself starting to write a brand new essay from scratch so it is always useful to get some ideas and tips on the topic. From that point – it is much easier to navigate your thoughts and have them in the right direction.
What are the positive features of outdoor learning?
- Being outside improves your cognitive functions. It is definitely worth trying if you have issues with memorizing things. What exactly makes us more mind-flexible outside is various stimuli for your nervous system.
- Your brain works in a “safe” mode. It is proven that once the person is outside, the brain has fever irritants and lets you see the full picture without additional effort.
- Increases life balance. Physical energy is rising in addition to psychological stability.
- Lowers a level of stress. The general rhythm of the body slows down: including the heart rate and blood pressure. This is a perfect time to recover from regular activities and worries.
- General well-being. The person is an animal. And every animal feels comfortable in an authentic environment. Being outside is making you generally happy. This is the time for reuniting with the true self.
- The person absorbs the highlight. We all know that sunlight can be harmful to the skin and this is something to be careful with. Although there is also a magical vitamin that makes one happier – vitamin D. This is a vitamin that helps other vitamins and microelements to function in the body and also has a direct influence on serotonin – the hormone of happiness. We are usually lacking this vitamin which is why it is recommended to take it orally. But we can improve the situation a little bit and go outside to study from time to time.
- Improves creativity. As we might notice – starting something is always the hardest part. Especially for students taking multiple classes and going through various assignments and homework. The best way to get new ideas – go outside and complete the assignment in the park which is an actual part of educational trends in Canada.
- There is a lower chance of getting eye diseases. Considering the natural sunlight with no artificial blurry background – it is much healthier to read or work on the computer in nature.
All in all, it is always better to be closer to nature. While you are a student – it is very easy to get overwhelmed with the tasks, with a need to work extra and not miss out on a young nightlife. Spending time outside, completing your homework can be a huge benefit for a person. This is a way to slow down and focus on what is really important. Listening to the wind, the birds and sound of the trees is helping to feel in a moment, which is truly beautiful. This is something to make you concentrate on what you really like and want to do. Isn’t it the most important thing for young people? College is a magical time of making decisions which will influence your entire life. And such a simple thing like going to learn outside is something that can make the process much healthier and easier. I dare you to try, and you will not be able to stop.
Leave a Reply