I just love everything about Christmas. It really is the most magical time of the year. But my most favorite thing about the holidays is the traditions my family has created. Here are my top 5 traditions:
- Decorating. We decorate our house the day after Thanksgiving every year and I always make mini quiche, chex mix, rotel and served with ice cold glass Cokes.
- Stockings. My mom still uses the same stockings she made for us since we were born. I love that I have had the same stocking at my parents house for the past 33 years. She still makes stockings for each grandkid and searches through the fabric store looking for the ugliest fabric because she wants them to match the ones she has made in the 70’s and 80’s!
- Pancakes. On Christmas morning we drive over for a pancake breakfast that my father in-law makes. Only requirement is that you wear pajamas.
- Santa. We head over to Leonard’s, a museum featuring artifacts from the old department store, and get our picture with Santa. It’s wonderful to step back in time for a moment.
- Giving. We fill a shoe box for Operation Christmas Child up with goodies for a child in need. Carson helps pick out the items as we try to teach him that Christmas is about giving and how blessed he really is.