It has come to my attention that there are just things that apparently moms never share with expectant parents. Sure they share many highs and lows of parenting, but never random information. Tell me I’m not alone in this?
Here are a few things I think should be shared:
- You will search the Internet for the weirdest things. Does your child have a funny rash, act like a maniac or say something odd? You will wind up searching for hours only to find yourself more confused or convinced it’s terminal.
- You ask yourself “is this normal?” multiple times a day. Is it normal for my son to want to run around naked, scream bloody murder because he dropped his m&m or for me to want to run and hide from this little dictator? FYI, the answer is yes!
- Grocery shopping will never be the same. It becomes a race with the clock, and you will find that your child only has set amount of minutes that he will cooperate while grocery shopping. Stashing goldfish, suckers, juice and variety of toys in your purse as secret weapons of entertaining your little one in case you happen to get in line behind the woman with 100 coupons! Or on the opposite spectrum, you get to go alone and it becomes your “me time.” Those are the days that Walmart never looked so glorious.
- You will physically hurt your child. Of course you’re
extremely careful the first few years, but by the time they get past
toddler age it’s on! You will be wrestling or playing ball and BAM!
Somehow you managed to knock the little guy down.
- You will do ANYTHING to make your child laugh. It’s the most precious sound and totally worth you looking like an idiot in public just to get one little giggle.
Anything you would add to this list?