Is there anything more pitiful than having a sick kid? I don’t think so! Not only is it sad to see your baby not feeling well, but it’s also miserable for those taking care of the baby. Dealing with a fever, bad cough or throwing up is just hard to deal with. On top of the sickness it’s almost impossible to explain to your child that he has to be calm and just lay around the house in order to get feeling better.
It’s not easy taking care of a child feeling a little under the weather, but with a bag tricks to keep them entertained can make the time bearable.
- Read, read and read some more. Curl up in bed and read some of your child’s favorite books.
- Play in the bathtub. Give your kiddo a squirt bottle and let them “clean” toys. This helps keep them in a contained area.
- Download a new game or app for the iPad. If it’s something new, it will help keep their attention for longer.
- Play with Play-Doh. This is something we save for special occasions (mainly because I don’t like the smell!)
- Play cooking. Sit in the kitchen with several pots & pans and a box of pasta. This can entertain any child for at least 30 minutes!
How do you survive those dreaded sick days with your children? Check out the other mama’s blogs for their tips. And be sure to link up with us below if you also have a post on this topic.