Today my baby turned 3! How can this be? Wasn’t it just the other day I sat in the backseat holding his tiny hand while my husband drove us home at a snails pace, (we instantly became VERY defensive drivers!) From that day forward he has brought us nothing but joy, laughter and love.
Like most mothers I have many dreams and wishes for my son. Some are just simple ways of how I want him to grow up and others are just big dreams of how I see him as a grown man. But more than anything I want him to know how much we love everything about that boy.
- I love that he loves books and reading.
- I love that he makes up songs in the car.
- I love how handsome he is.
- I love that he talks non-stop.
- I love that he has never met a stranger.
- I love that he still lets me hold him.
- I love that he HAS to give me hugs and kisses before I leave each morning.
- I love that he says his prayers each night.
- I love when he says, “I’ve been missing you mom!”
- I love how he gets every single toy out and spreads them throughout the house.
- I love how he tries to negotiate bedtime.
- I love how he runs from the vacuum.
- I love his hairy back.
- I love that he loves everything.
- I love that he has the softest cheeks.
- I love that I have to wrestle him to get dressed each morning.
- I love when he says, “I need you to take care of me.”
- I love that he will always be my baby.
Of course I could go on and on about every little thing I love about that boy. Sometimes I just look at him and can’t believe that I am so blessed with the most wonderful son and that he calls me mom. I look forward to many wonderful, crazy years with my little guy.