Man did we have a wonderful Christmas and New Years! I have been off work for the last 4 weeks, and it has been wonderful to spend so much time with family. I loved spending all day with Carson doing activities, crafts, cooking, shopping and taking naps.
- Christmas morning. Isn’t it so much fun and exciting with a little one? We enjoyed watching Carson open all his presents and the joy it gave him…except for the books and sheets. Ha!
- Field trips. We took Carson on lots of field trips (that’s what he calls fun activities). From visiting the U.S. Department of Treasury to see how money is made, vintage plane museum, story time, Gaylord Hotel, bowling, going downtown to see the big tree, to just name a few. He loved everything we did and would always say, “this is such a great day!“
- Baking and cooking. I tried out several new recipes and all of them turned out fantastic. My little guy is such a big helper in the kitchen and is officially my sous chef – he even has his own oven mitt!
- Snuggling on our new couch. We ordered a new couch about 2 months ago and got rid of our old furniture in our TV room. But of course the shipment kept getting delayed and we didn’t have a place to sit for a few weeks. It was so nice to finally snuggle up on our new sectional and watch some late night TV.
- Date nights. Chad and I don’t get these too often, so it was refreshing to get a few dates in. It’s definitely something you take for granted before you have kiddos.