I am seriously trying hard to get more vegetables in my diet. But does it count if it’s battered and deep fried? Yes, yes it does! I made these fried asparagus with jalapeno ranch dip the other day and they were scrumptious! They are great as a side dish or as a snack.
1 cup flour
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place your flour in one bowl, 2 whisked eggs in another and the panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan in another.
- In a large pan add the oil and turn on high heat.
- Wash the asparagus and dip them in the flour coat, then into the eggs and into the panko mixture. Make sure they are well coated.
- Once oil is hot place asparagus and fry, turning them once. Cook until holder brown.
- Serve with this jalapeno ranch dip.