Donuts, donuts, donuts. This is basically what my son requests daily for breakfast! Every school day, I disappointment him when I say no. But don’t worry, I totally become mother of the year each Saturday when I make him homemade donuts.
I typically make these maple bacon donuts, but lately have been switching it up and making these amazing double chocolate donuts. Oh goodness, they are amazing, but I don’t even want to imagine the calorie count…whatever! We only live once.
How to Make Double Chocolate Donuts
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease donut pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour batter into donut pan until about 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or cook through.
- While donuts are cooling, melt chocolate frosting in microwave.
- Dip donuts in frosting and then sprinkle on chocolate chips.