This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HomegatingHeroes #CollectiveBias
It’s that time of year when we seem to have gatherings at our house almost every weekend. We are huge football fans and enjoy having friends over for watching parties. I don’t like to stress over getting the house spotless or preparing a detailed menu – sometimes it’s OK to have low-key gatherings.
For these Fall Football Homegating parties, I make sure I stock up on paper towels, trash bags and food containers for the leftovers. Thankfully, I have a Dollar General less than 5 minutes away that I can grab everything that is needed. Plus if you buy 3 participating items, you will save $3 at Dollar General, valid 9/24/17-10/21/17.
- Use paper plates, cups and napkins – This will cut down on dishes you have to afterwards and makes it simple for guest to help with cleaning. I prefer Sparkle® Paper Towels, 6 Roll so that I have plenty of paper towels for any big spills.
- Make clean up easy – Clean up, wipe down the counter, put dishes away as you go. Instead of piling it up in the sink for one massive wash. That way you don’t have to rush to clean the entire kitchen before guests arrive.
- Empty the trash – Make sure you empty the kitchen trash before the party starts. That way you won’t have to take out the trash again until after everyone leaves. Using Glad® ForceFlex® 13 Gallon helps prevent rips and tears.
- Send guests home with leftovers – There is always leftover food, so pack it up in Glad® Food Containers Family Size and send it home with guests.
- Keep the menu simple – You are friends with everyone at the party & no need to impress them. Keep the menu simple with easy to make sandwiches, snacks and desserts. Especially for watching parties, people want to relax and enjoy the game.
The key to having stress-free entertaining is keeping it simple. No need to overwhelm yourself and spend hours getting everything ready for the party. By keeping it simple you can actually relax and enjoy the festivities!