We recently spent a long weekend in Eugene, Oregon to explore the city and attend the most gorgeous wedding. This was the first time I have been to Oregon and wanted to maximize our short stay and see everything this unique city had to offer.
So if you are traveling to Eugene, here are my top 5 must-do activities.
- Hiking – Get a beautiful view of the city at the top of Skinner Butte Park. Then head over to Spencer Butter Park to hike several rugged trails and see the breathtaking views.
- University of Oregon – Eugene is the ultimate college town. There is always a sporting event going on or you can stroll through the campus. Stop by the bookstore to grab some duck gear – you don’t want to be the only one around not wearing green and yellow!
- Shopping – Shopping the unique stores at 5th Street Public Market is a must. In this open air square, you will find the best local food, gifts, toys and clothes. Be sure to stop in at Provisions Market Hall to sample the massive cheese selection, order a cup of coffee and grab a bouquet of flowers.
- Flea Market – Find a treasure at the Picc-A-Dilly Flea Market. Located at the Lane County Fairground, you can purchase crafts, collectibles and more!
- Running – You can’t go to track town USA and not want to go for a little run. Runners are EVERYWHERE. But with such beautiful scenery and trails, how could you blame them?
I was super excited to drive the 2017 Toyota Corolla 50th Anniversary Special Edition around Eugene. Carson loved having the moonroof and able to look at the giant Pine Trees as we drove through the mountains.
What I loved the most was the backup camera and lane departure alerts. Keeps that distracted driving in check! It was a smooth ride the entire time, plenty of plugs for all our technology and so roomy.
Plus the 2017 Toyota Corolla is pretty! We drove to the wedding in style…My good looking guy deserved the best!
Next time, I want to head to Oregon in the summer and take a little drive around the coast.