This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DotComDIY #CollectiveBias
Cars these days are ridiculously expensive. Not only do you have the monthly expensive, but also the constant upkeep to make sure you keep the vehicle in great condition and running smoothly. If you had to run to the car dealership every time a light came on, you would spend a small fortune. But by knowing how to do these 5 things on your car, you will be able to save that cash.
Here are 5 automotive things moms need to know:
- How to change your oil. Changing your oil can be time consuming, but once you know how it will only cost a fraction of what you would pay a mechanic. You can also have your Pennzoil shipped directly to your house or in store pickup through Walmart.com. I purchased Pennzoil Platinum because of the PurePlus™ Technology, the Platinum® motor oil is proven to keep pistons up to 40% cleaner than the toughest industry standard. It also helps clean out sludge that lesser oils leave behind. Remember to dispose of the old oil at an auto parts store or dealership.
- Check radiator fluid. If radiator fluid is low, simply add more antifreeze. The last thing you want happening in the summer is your car to overheat and leave you stranded on the side of the road. *Make sure to never open the radiator – just the plastic reservoir.
- Check windshield wiper fluid. This is cheap, easy to do and keeps your windshield clean.
- Change air filter. It is located under the air box, and the filter pops right out so you can snap the new one in place. Dealerships typically charge you double the price of what you would pay if you did it yourself.
- Check battery for corrosion. To ensure that you get the full life out of the car battery, check to make sure there is no corrosion. If there is, simply pour a can of Coke on it and it will eat the acid right off.
Working on a car might make you a little intimidated, but these are all simple maintenance tasks that you can do yourself. And since Walmart.com is your one stop shop for day to day needs and products that might not be able to find in store, you can order everything you need and have it delivered right to your door. Most Pennzoil products are currently on Rollback pricing for a limited time at Walmart.com.
What routine automotive maintenance do you do yourself?